I’ve been thinking of how you can get to know me more, and there’s nothing better than a common interest or two. I managed to narrow my favourite TV shows, films, and artists down to five options each.
- Jane the Virgin: This has got to be my favourite show of all time. I’m so invested in the characters and I feel like I’ve been through so much with them in the four seasons that I’ve seen so far. I don’t want it to end, not at all, but I’m excited to see where the final season goes this year and I’m glad they’re not trying to make it too long, because I’d hate to get bored of my favourite programme.
- Grey’s Anatomy: This programme has put me through so many emotions, and it’s so worth it. 15 seasons in and I’ve not once found myself bored watching it. It’s made me cry more times than I can count, and I’m not a massive crier when it comes to TV.
- Game of Thrones: Another one of my favourites that is coming to a close! I can’t believe it’s all over (the episode came out the day before I put this post up). I won’t say much about it because I’ve just watched the final episode, but I will forever love GoT and we can talk about it here if you’ve watched it!
- Brooklyn 99: There’s nothing like a good comedy series to pick you up when you’re feeling down, and Brooklyn 99 is perfect for doing that. The characters are all incredibly written and acted, I don’t think I’ll ever get bored of it. I’m so glad it’s still going after Fox cancelled it!
- The Good Place: Another brilliant comedy with absolutely ace characters! Both The Good Place & Brooklyn 99 were created/co-created by Michael Schur, which is probably why I find both so brilliant. The Good Place is so cleverly written, it always keeps you guessing what is going to happen!
I’ve never really been into films. I can binge a season of a TV show without too much thought, but something I struggle with is sitting down for a whole two hours to watch a film. My boyfriend, Dom, is constantly shocked at how many films I haven’t seen! It’s ridiculous, really, but here are the best ones I’ve seen from a very limited selection.
- Tangled: Only the best Disney film to ever exist, thank you very much. It’s so lovely, the music is wonderful, and Flynn Rider & Pascal are two of the best characters ever!
- Chalet Girl: Cliche, cheesy, but the film I always turn to when I need something heartwarming to watch. It also stars Felicity Jones and Ed Westwick, so what more could I want?
- Dirty Dancing: There’s nothing like a film that can make you cry and laugh, but mostly smile. This is one of the films that Dom hasn’t seen, and I’m determined to make him watch it because it’s probably my favourite ever.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: I absolutely love the MCU films! I make sure to keep up to date with all of the films, but the characters in Guardians of the Galaxy are definitely some of my favourites, other than Deadpool.
- In Time: I fell in love with this film when I watched it one day when I was home sick from school. I’ve seen it many times since. It was a fun watch and one I went back to many times – I told everyone about it and it became my favourite obsession for a while. It’s not often that 14 year old me cared much for a movie, so it must’ve done something right.
There are so many artists I want to add to this list. I absolutely love music; I listen to it whenever I can, so this was a difficult one for me. I might do a ‘top 20 artists’ post soon.
- Ed Sheeran: I can’t even pretend to be cool around the topic of Ed Sheeran, I just love him so much. His music has been there for me since I was 12 and it’s all so brilliant. My favourite songs by him are probably ‘Firefly’ and ‘Eraser’. I’ve seen him three times and each time he’s outdone himself. I can’t wait to see what he does in the future!
- Taylor Swift: She’s been in my life since ‘Love Story’ and I can never go very long without listening to her. There’s a song for every mood. I’ll forever believe ‘Red’ is one of the best albums ever, and I hope her new stuff takes us back a bit to those days, because I haven’t enjoyed her newest album ‘Reputation’ much.
- Dodie: I’ve watched her on YouTube since ‘A Permanent Hug From You’ in 2012 and I’ve seen her twice since. She never fails to impress me; I adore her music and relate to her so much.
- Twenty One Pilots: Their music is definitely not the kind of stuff I usually listen to, but I love so many of their songs. ‘Forest’ is definitely my favourite, it’s one I come back to every so often and it reminds me why I love their music.
- Billie Eilish: No matter how many times I think it, I can’t believe she’s only 17 years old! I’m so amazed by Billie’s talent, I love every single one of her songs with a passion and I can’t wait to see what more she has to offer. I just wish she’d stayed out of the spotlight for another few years so she could’ve lived a more normal childhood, because it’s mad how much she’s already had to grow up.
Let me know what your favourite TV show, film, and artist is!